About This Project
P&H Egan Ltd. wanted to launch its new product, Egan’s Irish Whiskey, a 10 year old, single malt Irish whiskey brand, in Massachusetts with a focus on Boston.
- Select the most appropriate distributor based on competitive brands’ distribution partners, distributors’ existing portfolio and current distributor relationships in market
- Put “feet on the street” in the form of a dedicated Egan’s market manager to target key Irish pubs, whiskey bars and retailers to launch the brand in
- Conduct trade and consumer public relations to generate awareness among members of the trade and consumer targets
- Utilize social media to build a base of engaged consumers and create advocates for the brand
- Conduct sampling and events
- BevBiz secured Horizon as Egan’s distributor and launched the brand in October. While the fall is not typically an ideal time to launch a new brand given distributor and account focus on holiday programming, it was crucial for the long-term growth and success of Egan’s Irish Whiskey to launch and be established in market in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Within the first 90 days, BevBiz secured distribution in over 100 key accounts in Boston and the surrounding area.
- Numerous sampling events were held, including a tasting and bottle signing by the brand owner where nearly 10 cases of product were sold in a single afternoon.
- Hosted a launch event and initiated press coverage with local consumer pubs/digital platforms, including Improper Bostonian and Mass Beverage Business, which ultimately generated 850,000+ media impressions.
- As a result of the successful launch:
- Horizon announced Egan’s as one of its priority brands for February, with a goal of significantly increasing distribution and sampling.